Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Ringu...

okay - so I went off and saw The Ring all by myself....what to do - no one was willing to come to that movie with me (after some deductive reasoning I have come to the conclusion that it is either the movie or me that made people drop off...but since I am using deo on a regular basis I don't think it was me.........)

This movie was based on a Japanese movie called 'Ringu' - which was a very big hit in Japan(I think the name sounds more like a Telugu movie...like one of these typical gulti accents - "give your fone number so I can give you a ringu no")

The movie was - AWESOME....!!!!!! - any horror movie fan who hasn't seen this movie has missed a treat(and FYI - us horror fans love getting the shit scared out of us...that is a treat for us...)

The story revolves around a videotape that has a curse attached to it - anyone who sees the tape dies after 7 days...(and the contents of the tape are excellently wierd and loopy...one of the highlights of the movie)....though I should point out that there are lots of tapes floating around that kill people while they are watching it(a good example of course is "Hum Aapke Hain Kaun"...hyuk hyuk hyuk)

I would strongly recommend anyone with a boyfriend/girlfriend to go watch the movie - there are enough moments in the movie that would make you seek out the protection offered in the arms of your partner(unfortunately I was sitting next to a brawny sardarji and I needed protection from his arms that kept poking into me)....

The only problem is that it is running in Skyline(there is a morning show at Sangeet I think...12PM or something) - and the crowd in Skyline isn't the kind that would get invites for the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra performances...(come to think of it - the crowd in Sangeet is not a shining example of decorum and refinement either)....and sadly each horror movie comes with a particularly odious type of creature who is also known as the I-am-talking-and-passing-comments-to-show-that-I-am-unaffected-by-the-movie-when-in-reality-I-am-soiling-my-trousers-from-terror breed....it is always the same story....just as the tension builds up you have these wise asses screaming and yodelling all over the place...they should be punished by being muffled and being made to watch the movie all alone....there is also the standard he-who-thinks-he-is-a-great-comic type - the moment a telephone rings in the movie we hear this useless burden on the oxygen supplies of the planet go "Heeellllooooo???" and then laugh as if he's made the most original joke ever....for these wretches I would suggest that a telephone be shoved up a place where they can feel it when it rings....slightly less irritating than these species is the one that has already seen the movie(or has the heard the story from someone who has seen the movie - or has read the review in DC)and who sits and gives an explanation of what is happening for the edification of the morons who have accompanied him/her....for these maggots I would suggest that the script/screenplay(preferably hardbound) of the movie be shoved up a placewhere they can easily reach for it....

*Ashwin gets off his soap box with a sheepish grin....*

whoooops...got a bit carried away out there...heh heh.....

anyways - it was a fun movie...watch it on tape/VCD/DVD with a gang of friends if you get the chance....trust me - you won't be disappointed....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home