Thursday, March 09, 2006

Mayfair...

When I was in "Sachchyam" I worked for around 2.5 years in this building called "Mayfair"...this was the corporate HQ for my company and was a dingy stuffy dark paan-spit stained building beside which ran a stinking canal...I might crib about it but I actually loved working there...it was so seedy it had its own charm...what follows is a Mayfair story...

The rats are out in Mayfair....and now for some elaboration of that statement (what to do -- life here is so sucky that all I have to elaborate about is stuff like this)

here in Mayfair we have rats....they mostly run around in the ventilation ducts in the nights(probably playing their version of "chain" or "current-shock")...tonight however I happened to look up and there was a rat sitting on the cubicle wall looking at me with what I must say was puzzlement (probably thinking to itself - "Who is this two legs still in office at this time?"....its bad enough that most people think I'm weird for working during nights but now the rodents are getting all judgmental too)....

I stared back at it and gave my best cat purr imitation (not the "meow" that most people do but a purring sound that emanates when one traps air in the cheeks and forces it out through the teeth...its one of my talents....after intense practice I could purr out dirty words in Telugu using the same mechanism...I'll save demonstrations for people who appreciate that sort of thing) and it twitched its whiskers (in admiration I assume) and then bounded away....and I swear this rat must be the spiderman of the rat world (spider-rat of the rat world would be more accurate I think)...it bounced off the cubicle wall onto the desk and off the desk onto another desk and off the other desk onto the other cubicle wall in high speed (probably off to tell all its rat-buddies about "the two legs who speaks like a cat"...which makes me wonder -- when one rat tells another rat something about some other rat do they call it ratting on the other rat...????....I think I missed my calling as a zoologist)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home